The Macdonald Hotels & Resorts Graduate Programme is designed to create hospitality management professionals through hands-on supervisory, leadership and management experience, across all areas of the hotel business.
If you’re about to graduate this could be the perfect chance to get a guaranteed permanent position and fast track to the top.
Solid career foundation
With a dedicated mentor to support and assist your learning and a guaranteed permanent position on completion, our Graduate Programmes provide a solid foundation in hospitality management.
We are proud of our reputation as a company that attracts, develops and retains talent. Our approach to attraction and development is inclusive which means that we see all our people as “talent” regardless of level, geography or role.
Right now, we are on the lookout for talented, ambitious graduates across the UK who have the determination to succeed and become the future of our incredible business.
Our Investment in Graduate Development
To attract and retain the best talent we know the importance of providing great development and career opportunities and we do.
From the moment you join us we offer a commitment to expand your expertise and develop your potential.
You may take them for granted but your personal strengths could be your greatest assets in achieving your life’s goals. We’ll provide the opportunity to put them to work from day one through a programme of job placements, on the job development and mentoring.
Our development programme is designed to build a comprehensive toolkit of business, leadership and interpersonal skills while at the same time creating a graduate community connected through development, experience and relationships.
Are you eligible?
To apply for the Macdonald Hotels Graduate Programme, you will need:
- A minimum 2.1 degree in a Hospitality related programme or equivalent UCAS points
- A passion and experience in the hospitality sector;
- A positive, can do attitude and an excellent work ethic
- The drive to take charge of your own personal development and the ambition to progress your career.
- The right to live and work in the United Kingdom
If selected, you will be asked to provide documentation confirming your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom for the duration of the Programme.
- Macdonald Aviemore Resort, Aviemore
- Macdonald Rusacks Hotel, St Andrews
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel, Edinburgh
- Macdonald Houstoun House, West Edinburgh
- Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, Grangemouth
- Macdonald Crutrherland House, East Kilbride
- Macdonald Marine Hotel & Spa, North Berwick
North England & The Lakes
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, Manchester
- Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa, Shropshire
- Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf & Spa, near Chester
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa, Windermere
- Macdonald Leeming House, Ullswater
- Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa, near Chester
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, Chester
- Macdonald Kilhey Court, Wigan
- Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel, Preston
Midlands and The South
- Macdonald Burlington Hotel, Birmingham
- Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel, Stratford-upon-Avon
- Macdonald Ansty Hall, near Coventry
- Macdonald Bath Spa, Bath
- Macdonald Randolph Hotel, Oxford
- Macdonald Compleat Angler, Marlow
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa, near Ascot
- Macdonald Windsor Hotel, Windsor
- Macdonald Bear Hotel, Woodstock
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, Camberley
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton
The Graduate Programme commences each September and and we are open for applications now! Please email you application to with desired locations to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can submit an online application via our careers portal.
It’s another 12 -month programme but this time are placed in 2 of our Central Support Services departments at Bathgate Head Office.
- 2 Finance Graduates
- 2 Revenue Management Graduates